TopicsWe are looking for helpful, informational topics and titles from a multicultural perspective. Politics, technology, current events, environmental, contemporary culture and lifestyle issues are subjects of high interest.
Send your query letter/email with a synopsis of your book - fiction or non-fiction, author bio and the first three chapters single side and double-spaced. Do not send the entire manuscript until it is requested by an editor. Include in your letter your proposed target audience and marketing ideas.
Your submission should include:
A one page, single spaced query letter
- Contact information
- Genre (mainstream, speculative, mystery, paranormal, biography, self-help, historical, thriller, young adult,. . .)
- Working title and length of manuscript (100,000 actual word count maximum)
- Status (complete or incomplete)
- 1-2 paragraph blurb about plot of book
- 1-2 paragraphs about the author and marketing the book
- your qualifications as a writer and highlighting the importance of the work you are submitting
- A preliminary outline of the intended target market for your work, how your work differs from that already existing in that market, and how you plan to market your book.
- A one page synopsis outlining the subject of the manuscript (8 pages max)
- Double spaced and written in present tense
- Detail the manuscript’s main plot from beginning to end
- A copy of the first 3 chapters
- Double spaced and typed in a 12 point font.
- Proofread for typographical errors and grammatical errors
- Document attachments should be saved as a .pdf or .doc or .docx file.
PLEASE REMEMBER THE FOLLOWING:
If we are interested in your project, you can expect to hear from us within two to six months. Because of the volume of submissions, if your query does not fall within our guidelines, we will be unable to respond to you. THE STAFF WILL NOT ACCEPT TELEPHONE CALLS REGARDING THE STATUS OR REVIEW OF A MANUSCRIPT.